Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Comic Review: Batman Rebirth so far...(Batman Rebirth 1, Batman 1, and Detective Comics 934-935)

     So since I'm behind on starting this blog and I am way to lazy to write about each comic individually I'm just going to do a big one about all of them. Batman being one of my favorite heroes I decided that he would become my main focus on stories that I read. Rebirth is giving me a great starting place to really dive in and so far it is not disappointing me. I'm loving everything about what is happening with Batman so far. Duke Thomas is the new Robin, Batman and Batwoman are trying to build a team to protect Gotham, and the Mr Manhattan problem looms in the background.
     Duke Thomas is the new Robin! Rejoice all we finally get a black Robin who is really cool haha. I mean I know this is something that I'm sure a big part of Batman's readers wanted to see. A new Robin who has worked his way up to this position. I just hope that the team thing is not where we mainly see Duke. I think he's an interesting character, he's not someone who always wanted to be a hero but once his parents were in trouble he decided he would do something about it. He plays well with others, and that was shown with the We Are Robin crew. I think he could be a cool partner for Batman if they keep him front and center, they already trained a little bit and I thought it was a nice scene. It does not appear that there are plans for a Batman and Robin comic which I thought would have been pretty cool. I like this move to have Duke as the new Robin and I can't wait to see how it plays out.
     Gotham's new team seems like a fun dynamic. Batwoman is training a group of kids to get them ready for something that Batman is keeping from them. Is that any real surprise though? Batman keeps stuff from everyone, but I like seeing how this is affecting everyone around him. Everyone wants to train and get better but they want to be on the streets to face a real challenge. It seems like they have a  lot of teamwork to learn about but other than that they probably could get out there and kick some real ass. I mean their roster is stacked! Red Robin, Spoiler, Orphan, and Clayface. A cool team that makes sense, other than Clayface they've all worked together already so there's already a dynamic and a sense of togetherness. If they keep it up I'm sure batman will let them be on the streets soon. I liked the idea of Batwoman training them too. It'll lead to some fun team dynamics.
     I'm really interested in seeing how Batman and Rebirth play out, and I'm excited to see what it adds to the Batman Mythos.

No comments:

Post a Comment